Waveland's Frontier

Waveland's Frontier
Wrigley Field

Monday, August 25, 2008

Go Cubs Go!

Wouldn't be a proper blog without a nod to our hometown heroes. The Cubbies have a shot of pulling it off this year. I can feel the excitement in the air. I live so close to the park, that it is literally a way of life for me. Not a moment goes by where I am not reminded of the Cubs. My walks to the El... omnipresent royal blue hats... and the well-wishes posted on the doorsteps of those folks that live on Addision. Waveland Avenue is a street that holds great significance to me. It is the street that borders left field (hence the title of the blog) and it borders my domicile. It is a historic street and a lively street. The Cubs are on their way to winning the World Series and I am hoping that I witness this historic event in my lifetime. Go Cubs Go.

No comments: